2020 Land Rover Discovery vs. 2020 Land Rover Discovery Sport
340 hp 3.0L Supercharged 6-Cylinder
246 hp 2.0L Turbocharged 4-Cylinder
If you are in the market for a rugged SUV that offers best-in-class safety and premium interior amenities to enhance your South Brunswick drives, you will likely consider both the 2020 Land Rover Discovery and the 2020 Land Rover Discovery Sport. Land Rover Princeton is comparing the Land Rover Discovery vs. Land Rover Discovery Sport in terms of performance specs, interiors, and more to see whether the Discovery or Discovery Sport will earn a spot on your driveway. We can’t wait to help get you behind the driver’s seat of your dream luxury SUV!
Discovery or Discovery Sport: Performance
- Base Engine: The Land Rover Discovery runs on a standard 3.0L Si6 gas engine that produces 340 hp, and the Land Rover Discovery Sport comes equipped with a 2.0L turbocharged four-cylinder engine that delivers 246 hp.
- Fuel Capacity: The Discovery has a 23.5-gallon fuel tank, and the Discovery Sport has a 17.7-gallon fuel tank.
- Fuel Efficiency: The Land Rover Discovery gets an EPA-estimated 16 mpg/city and 21 mpg/highway, and the Land Rover Discovery Sport gets an EPA-estimated 19 mpg/city and 24 mpg/highway.
- Towing: The Discovery has a maximum towing capacity of 8,201 pounds, and the Discovery Sport has a max towing capacity of 4,409 pounds.
Discovery or Discovery Sport: Interior Features
- Seating: Both of these powerhouse luxury SUVs can comfortably seat up to five adult passengers as a standard, as well as offer an optional third-row. The Discovery comes standard with leather seats while the Discovery Sport offers cloth seats as a standard.
- Cargo Space: The Discovery model features 41.2 cubic feet of cargo space behind the second row and 83.7 cubic feet behind the first row of seats. The Discovery Sport has 27.5 cubic feet behind the second row of seats and 55.6 cubic feet behind the first row.
- Infotainment System: You can expect advanced technology features in both vehicles, such as the standard Touch Pro™ with a 10-inch HD touchscreen. While Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ are standard in the Discovery, they are optional in the Discovery Sport.
- Safety: When it comes to safety technology, bare feature Lane Departure Warning, Lane Keep Assist, Brake Assist, and Electronic Stability Control. You can get Blind Spot Monitor and Cross Traffic Alert as a standard on the Discovery, but you’ll need to upgrade to get these driver-assistance features on the Discovery Sport.
Compare the Land Rover Discovery vs. Discovery Sport in Princeton
Are you ready to find a new Land Rover Discovery or Discovery Sport for sale near Mount Laurel and take your Hopewell drives to exciting new levels? The team at Land Rover Princeton is ready to help! We’ll help you explore our Land Rover models to find the Discovery or Discovery Sport that checks off all of the boxes on your wishlist. We also have your look at the 2021 Land Rover Discovery towing capacity! Have any questions in the meantime? Give us a call!