Land Rover Off-Roading Tips
Planning a Land Rover off-roading trip near Princeton? Don’t embark on your adventure unprepared! Between understanding your Land Rover SUV’s performance capabilities and planning ahead for your trip, there’s a lot to think about before hitting the trails. Rely on the Land Rover pros at Land Rover Princeton for all the best off-roading tips!
Off-Roading Tips and Tricks
Ready to take on West Windsor trails your Land Rover SUV? Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Be aware of the rules!: Ensure that you’re allowed to off-road in your chosen area, and procure the proper permissions if necessary.
- Know your limits: It’s imperative to plan ahead for things that could go wrong. It’s never a bad idea to pack a flashlight, blanket, and other emergency supplies.
- Be Aware of Your Gear: Stay focused so you can pick the best gear for the terrain you’re tackling. Know when to shift into 4WD or lock the center differential in an AWD vehicle.
- Pack Smart: There’s always a chance that you’ll get stuck while off-roading, so bring recovery gear like a winch kit, traction mats, tire inflator/deflator, a folding shovel, a hi-lift jack, etc.
- Fuel Your Car: Before you start your off-road journey, make sure to fill up your tank! You don’t want to get stranded in West Windsor with an empty tank.
- Fuel Your Body: You may not have access to food and drink while on the trails, so be sure to bring plenty of water and snacks.
- Stay Connected: Carry your fully-charged phone with you, and try to bring along a car-friendly charger! It’s also a good idea to tell someone where you’re going and when you plan to be back for safety purposes.
Land Rover Performance
Range Rover performance is ideal for off-roading thanks to a variety of exciting features, no matter what Range Rover Sport configuration you’re driving through Hopewell. Here are just a few features to consider when comparing Land Rover vs. Jeep:
- Configurable Dynamics determines the throttle mapping, steering settings, suspension, and more
- Commandshift™ 2 gear level allows you to use gearshift paddles
- Adaptive Dynamics puts the vehicle in focus and monitors road (or trail!) conditions
- All-Terrain Progress Control helps you conquer any terrain or weather conditions, which makes it perfect for off-roading
Rely on Land Rover Princeton for Your Off-Roading Needs!
Before you depart on your next off-roading adventure or Princeton, NJ road trip, stay in the know with Land Rover Princeton! We want to help you be informed about all things Land Rover performance so your next off-roading trip goes as smoothly as possible. Just see how it fares against the Toyota Land Cruiser! There’s a reason that Land Rover SUVs are known for their performance prowess. We also want to keep you updated on new models including the 2019 Land Rover Defender. Stay informed with Land Rover Princeton.
More From Land Rover Princeton
The 2019 Range Rover Sport is one of the most noteworthy Land Rover models, known for its unparalleled luxury and performance. This compact SUV offers South Brunswick drivers the same comfort as the traditional Range Rover with the added bonus of a high-performance build. Learn more about the Range Rover Sport interior below, and head over…
With up to 4,409 pounds of maximum towing capacity, the 2019 Land Rover Discovery Sport is a compact yet rugged Land Rover SUV that’s great for transitioning between everyday South Brunswick commutes and special trips with a camper or boat. Learn more about the Discovery Sport towing capacity at Land Rover Princeton and schedule a test drive to…
Interested in the 2019 Land Rover Discovery configurations? With three different trim levels to choose from, the Land Rover Discovery lets you enjoy a luxury SUV ride through Hopewell with a style you love and the off-road capability you need. Check out the Land Rover Discovery trim levels in more detail below, then head to…