What is Land Rover Adaptive Cruise Control?
If you are shopping for a new Land Rover model in South Brunswick or Mount Laurel, you can take advantage of high-tech safety features like Adaptive Cruise Control and more. Award-winning Land Rovers come standard with Cruise Control & Speed Limiter, which allows you to set a maximum speed to help you avoid breaking speed limits, and you can take it a step further with Adaptive Cruise Control. Explore this feature at Land Rover Princeton, then schedule a test drive at your local authorized Land Rover retailer to experience this feature in action!
How Does Adaptive Cruise Control Work?
- When Adaptive Cruise Control is engaged, the vehicle’s speed automatically reduces if a slower moving vehicle is detected in front of you.
- The system uses its sensors to maintain a safe following distance to the vehicle ahead.
- If the system detects that the slower moving vehicle is no longer present, it automatically raises your vehicle speed back up to the originally set cruise control speed.
Deactivating Adaptive Cruise Control
Adaptive Cruise Control automatically deactivates in certain scenarios, but will still retain the memory of its most recent settings. Below are reasons the system would deactivate while you are driving the Mount Laurel roads:
- The CAN button on the steering wheel is pressed
- The brake pedal is pressed.
- All Terrain Progress Control (ATPC) is selected.
- Dynamic Stability Control (DSC) or Electronic Traction Control (ETC) activates.
- The Electric Parking Brake (EPB) is applied.
- Hill Descent Control (HDC) is selected.
- When the speed limiter is in operation (when the pre-set speed limit has been reached).
Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop & Go / Queue Assist
New Land Rover models equipped with Adaptive Cruise Control are also accompanied by Stop & Go or Queue Assist–these are the same feature referred to by different names. Here’s how this smart cruise control feature works:
- This feature is used in slow-moving lines of heavy traffic.
- When the vehicle in front of you slows to a standstill, the system brings your vehicle to a standstill.
- When the vehicle in front of you moves forward again, tap the accelerator pedal and the system will continue to maintain a safe following distance.
- The following distance can be adjusted on your steering wheel-mounted controls.
What Models Have Adaptive Cruise Control?
- 2019 Range Rover: Available on base trim with the Drive Pro Package
- 2019 Range Rover Sport: Available on base trim with the Drive Pro Package
- 2019 Range Rover Velar: Available on higher trim levels as an individual add-on
- 2019 Range Rover Evoque: Available on base trim with Driver Assistance Plus Package
- 2019 Discovery: Available on base trim with Drive Package
- 2019 Discovery Sport: Available on higher trim levels as an individual add-on
Learn More at Land Rover Princeton
Explore more Land Rover safety features and technology like InControl®, or discover the Land Rover origins at Land Rover Princeton near Hopewell. When you are ready to take home an Adaptive Cruise Control-equipped Land Rover, contact us for a visit!