Where to Off-Road Near Princeton, NJ
With authorities in New Jersey cracking down on illegal off-roading, it can be hard for enthusiasts around Flemington and Princeton to find good places to take their Land Rovers off the beaten path. Explore our guide to off-roading in New Jersey and then explore the Land Rover reviews of off-road-ready SUVs like the new Discovery!
To the North
- Jenny Jump State Forest: About an hour outside Bridgewater, this forest runs along the Jenny Jump Mountain Range so you can experience breathtaking views in your Land Rover.
- Worthington State Forest: Just 19 miles from Jenny Jump State Forest, you can take your SUV across this rugged terrain for a fun and bumpy ride.
To the South
- Wharton State Forest: This massive state park has miles of unpaved roadways for you to explore with your Land Rover Discovery off road, but be sure to stay on the marked trails in order to stay out of trouble with the rangers!
- Island Beach State Park: To drive on the shores at Island Beach State Park, you can purchase three-day driving permits or an annual permit, but you are required to carry specific safety equipment with you, such as:
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Spare tire
- Tide chart
These permits are offered through the New Jersey Beach Buggy Association, which you can read more about in the next section and visit their website to see the full list of required equipment.
For off road enthusiasts who are willing to go a little further for adventure, Rausch Creek Off-Road Park in Pine Grove Pennsylvania has 3,000 acres of trails. With a two-vehicle minimum, this place would make for a well-worth it day trip with Flemington friends.
One way to get more access to the best off-roading trails for your Land Rover is to become a member of a private club or association. These organizations will typically have annual membership fees:
- Northeast Offroad Vehicle Association (or NOVA): This group that focuses on land acquisition through donations and fundraisers like NOVA Trailfest, and encourages connecting public and private organizations, clubs, and landowners for more legal off-roading opportunities.
- New Jersey Beach Buggy Association: This largely volunteer organization promotes and facilitates beach driving, as well as other beach activities like bird watching, fishing, horseback riding, hiking, swimming, and are involved in beach conservation projects like dune restoration, planting dune grasses, and installing protective fences around wildlife so that New Jersey’s beaches will be available for everyone to enjoy for generations to come.
Learn More at Land Rover Princeton
A great off-roading SUV is more accessible than ever at Land Rover Princeton–take a look at our Land Rover price guide and explore Land Rover vs. Jeep performance features! And before you embark on your journey, check out our off-roading tips and make sure your Land Rover is in prime condition!